An Introduction to Yoga
This introduction to yoga is the only Beginner’s workshop in Houston that is aimed at teaching first time yogis the fundamentals of postures, breath and meditation.
This workshop provides the beginner a broad overview of the general etiquette, history and different ways to practice yoga. Through this workshop the beginner will learn various techniques that will set a foundation for their yoga practice.
Any yogi, whether new to yoga or a seasoned practitioner, will benefit from the basic overview of history & groundwork that is the first step towards furthering your foundation for practice.
This 2 HOUR workshop includes:
- Brief History
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga -Overview
- -Foundation of poses through alignment
- -Awareness of breath through 3 different practices
- -Use of blocks to assist in personal capabilities
- -Basic poses that are in every yoga class
- -Basic understanding of what yoga is
- -Better insight into lineages and styles
- of yoga origins to modern yoga
- -Understanding of the practices
- -Supports skills of personal discernment
- -Conducive environment in attainment of personal best
- -Tools that support a new practice
- -Demonstrates fun and playfulness in practice
- -Devotion of self to one’s learning and growth
- -Unwavering faith in the process
- -Fosters unifying community through working in a group setting
- -Energetic awareness